In the essentials of the faith, Christians have unity. In the nonessentials we have liberty. In all things we show love.
1. We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living (2 Tim 3:15, 17; 1 Pet 1:23-25; Heb 4:12).
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Deu 6:4; Mar 12:29; Isa 43:10, 11; Mat 28:19).
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate (Luk 1:26-36; Jhn 1:1, 14; 1 Jhn 2:2; Eph 1:19-23).
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man's salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Gen 1:26-31; Gen 3:17; Rom 5:12-21).
5. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior (Rom 3:21-28).
6. We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord's Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man's salvation (Mat 28:19; Rom 6:4; Jhn 6:48,51,53-57; Luk 22:19,20; 2 Pet 1:4; 1 Cor 11:25).
7. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return (2 Ths 1:7; Rev 19:1l-16).
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell (1 Ths 4:16; Rom 6:23; Tit 2:13; 1 Cor 15:51,52).
9. We believe in the giving of Tithes which is the first tenth of your income that is given by faith to support the work of the ministry and accomplish every purpose set forth by Hope Church Chiefland (Gen 14:18-20; 28:20-22; Lev 27:30; Mal 3:8-12; Mat 23:23; Heb 7:8).
10. We believe that divine healing is the deliverance from sickness and is provided for in the atonement of Christ and is the privilege and right of all believers (Isa 53:4, 5; Mat 8:16, 17; Mar 16:18; Jhn 5:14).
11. We believe in the laying on of hands as a scriptural practice for the purpose of prayer, healing, prophecy, and impartation (Mat 8:3; 9:18,25; 19:13-15; Mar 7:32-35; 6:5; 10:16; 16:18; Luk 4:40; Act 9:17; 6:1-7; 8:17; 13:3; 28:8; 1 Tim 4:14; 2 Tim 1:6; Heb 6:1,2).
12. We believe in the expelling of demonic spirits from the body and soul in the name Jesus by the command of a born-again spirit filled believer (Mat 8:16; 10:1; 10:18; 12:28; Mar 1:39; 3:14-15; 5:13; 16:17; Luk 4:36; 6:17-18; 13:32; Act 5:16; 8:7; 16:18; 19:12).
13. We believe in the free expression of praise and worship as long as it's modest, in order and in the bounds of the word of God. Some expressions of praise and worship may include: Lifting our hands (Psa 63:4); Clapping of hands (Psa 47:1); Praying and praising God audibly (Psa 63:3; 34:1-3); Shouting unto the Lord (Psa 32:11; Jos 6:1-5); Dancing unto the Lord (Psa 149:3; 150:4; 2 Sam 6:16); Giving thanks (Psa 107:21-22; 136:1-9; 1 Cor 15:57); Laughter (Ecc 3:4; Psa 126:2; Job 8:21); Joy (Psa 16:11; 42:4; Isa 52:9; 55:12); Weeping in the Holy Spirit (Psa 6:8; 84:2); Standing in awe of His Presence (Psa 4:4; 33:8); Communion (1 Cor 10:16; 11:26).